Puppy Class Safety
We take precautions to ensure the safest possible experience for puppies in our classes – physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Disinfecting Floors. Floors are thoroughly washed with VirKill prior to all puppy classes in a solution that - a broad-spectrum disinfectant effective against all known classes of viruses (including Parvovirus), fungi, and both gram-negative & gram-positive bacteria.
- Veterinarian Certification of First Shots. This letter assures us that the puppy has been vaccinated prior to attending classes.
- Dog-Appropriate Flooring to prevent slipping during play and allows for proper cleaning procedures.
- Upper Age Limit. This ensures that puppies are playing with size-appropriate and developmentally-appropriate playmates.
- Monitored and Narrated play. Play time in puppy class should never be a free-for-all. Play should be fun and confidence-building for every puppy in the room. Bullying is addressed immediately and fearful puppies are never forced in over their heads. Owners are talked through interactions between puppies and instructed on how to recognize and break up inappropriate interactions. We offer a play safety pledge to owners that includes appropriate supervision.
- Divided Play. If necessary, the training space can be divided in order to appropriately match playmates and avoid frightening younger, tiny, or more timid puppies while larger, boisterous and older pups can have their fun.